Sunday, May 16, 2010

My notice of Resignation. (For everyone that wanted to tell their bosses off!)

I will be going into my work tomorrow to hand my boss my notice of resignation. Over the time I've spent at this job (7ish months) I have continued to be disrespected. So, after a recent review I had at my job, they've decided to put me on a performance plan. I completely disagree with everything they said. And it's one of "those" situations where you totally know they're dicking you, and not in a good way. So I've decided after a long hard thought, how I would leave my job, if I should, considering I haven't had a job lined up yet. And talking to my husband, he is supporting my decision 100%. Thank you honey.

If you've ever had a horrible job. Or your boss was a dick. You've always wanted to tell off your boss when you quit or get fired for no valid reason. This letter goes out to you. And yes. It's real, and I'm handing it to him tomorrow, before my scheduled shift. I am taking out my boss' name, the company's name, and a co-workers name for privacy.

Thank you and enjoy...

May 16th 2010
Dear ****,

I would like to leave a letter of resignation. But first let me go over my recent “Associate Performance Evaluation.”

In my defense, you never really gave me a chance to do my job. As a Merchandiser for Apparel, you gave me 4 hours a week to complete at least 30 hours worth of work and that‘s being generous. In my 4 hours a week of pushing apparel freight out, I had boxes on boxes of individually wrapped items that needed to be hung and sensored, or folded and sensored if they weren‘t already pre-hung. I was expected to get 60 boxes plus of apparel out by myself. Which would have been no problem if I had the hours you gave to ***** ****, and the help everyone gives to ***** ****. So your “review” is inaccurate, and inconclusive. Also for you to think that I am slow getting what I need to get done, you must be bad at math. Considering the amount of hours (or lack thereof) you gave me, and the duties/projects I had to complete.

As for the “Quality” of my performance. You say that you often found errors in my work. But yet can’t be descriptive in where you found said “errors” other than price changes. Which I know that I wasn‘t the only one working on price changes at any given time so you have no evidence that any errors were owned by me. Also, no one told me that errors were found. And if these errors did exist, I should have been notified immediately so I can check my work, and see what I was doing wrong so they could have been corrected so that we wouldn’t have to worry about a “Performance Action Plan”. That would be poor, unsatisfactory management performance. Not poor employee performance.

While we are on this topic you state that I “Rarely take initiative”. Which is also a false accusation. When I get to work I start working, without being told or directed on what should be done. I push out freight. I also occasionally vacuum the fitting rooms (I’m pretty sure I’m the only one that does that.) I can easily find something to do, and I take action where it is needed. You may not notice these things because you are usually not there when I am there, or you are hiding in your office. I can assume you are doing manager duties in there, but I may also be making a false accusation. I don’t need a “high level of supervision.” Your management team is by far the most incompetent management I’ve ever had the displeasure to work for. That may be the reason morale is down throughout the store and it‘s staff.

Needless to say, I have hated this job for the last 4 months. Actually, it pretty much started when you gave my position to ***** ****, without having a spine to tell me. You used my husband working in Alaska, and my barely “lack of availability” as your scapegoat to weasel her into my position. I believe you are practicing retaliation. Your reasons to retaliate against me are unknown to me personally. As I have done nothing but be loyal, and eager to succeed, which I wasn’t given the opportunity. You say in my “Performance Evaluation” that I don’t “apply job specific training”, nor am I “accurate”, and this is funny considering there has been no accurate job training. I have always been a great employee. A key employee, as I told you during my interview. But for whatever reason you have decided to discriminate against me. You are using this “Associate Performance Evaluation” as a legal way to hide your retaliation and discrimination behind.

Don’t worry about me, I’m choosing not to put S***** A******** down on my resume, for several reasons. One reason, is that looking at my resume, and seeing this company as a recent career choice, probably will be unappealing to future job interests. You can go ahead and keep it on your resume. I have thought long and hard about how I was going to give you my resignation or if I would just comply with your bogus performance plan. I’ve decided to turn in my notice. Obviously.

And Mr. ******,
My notice of resignation is effective immediately.

Jessica ****

No comments:

Post a Comment